I like to start my quick cleans (which can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 45, depending on how often it's done, and how big your kitchen is) by getting all of my cleaning products together. My basic list would look something like this:
- Dusters: Swifer, microfiber dusting cloths/mops
- Trash / Recycling bin
- All purpose cleaner
- Baking Soda
- Kitchen Cleaner
- Sponges, paper towels, cleaning cloths
Personally I am a big fan of Mr. Clean Antibacterial Multi-Purpose Spray and Windex Multi Surface Cleaner With Vinegar. But really the cleaning products you choose are entirely up to you. ;]
Now for actually cleaning your kitchen:
- Get all of your supplies out
- Fill your sink with hot soapy water
- Scrape all of the food off of your plates, into the garbage can (or compost bin)
- Put the dishes that need to soak into the water
- While the dishes are soaking, go through your kitchen, cleaning up trash from the counter, floor, cupboards, etc.
- If your garbage stinks, sprinkle some baking soda in it, and it will help dissapate the smell
- Now focus on the items that don't belong in the kitchen, put them in a basket or a box, so that you won't have to run back and forth to and from the kitchen while you put them away.
- Load your dishwasher, or wash your dishes by hand.
- Wash down the countertops, appliances and sink.
- Sweep, mop or vacuum.
- Take out the trash.
And there you go, you've just quickly tidied up your kitchen, and it looks great.
Well that's it from me for now, but the next time I'm on, I'll write up a guide for doing a spring clean in the kitchen. ;)